- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced Ginger Root
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine
- 4 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 5 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 5 tablespoons White Vinegar
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves, separated, rinsed & chilled
- Jasmine Rice, cooked in rice cooker
- 2 julienned Carrots for garnishing
- 1/4 cup chopped Salted, Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Limes cut into wedges
- Combine 2 tablespoons of water, sesame oil, rice wine, soy sauce, granulated sugar, white vinegar and orange zest in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of water with the cornstarch until dissolved.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet. Add the ground chicken and let alone until a crust forms on the “pan side” chicken before breaking apart. Keep cooking until done.
- Add the ginger, garlic and red pepper and let the aromatics cook with the chicken for 15 seconds.
- Add the orange sauce and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce thickens (about 1 minute or less).
- Serve with white jasmine rice, romaine leaves, julienned carrots, chopped peanuts, lime wedges and siracha.
Adapted from DinnerThenDessert.