- 2 bags Collard Greens
- 1 box Broth or 4+ cups Water
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 heaping spoonful Bacon Grease
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse bagged greens well and remove any large stem pieces from leaves.
- Heat bacon grease in large pot. Add onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add greens, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, broth/water, vinegar and salt to pot. Cover with lid and let simmer on medium low for an hour, checking every 15 minutes to see if you need to add any water. (This is what helps make the delicious “pot liquor”!)